Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yay! Yei



Hello All!

I am back to the land where holding hands is okay with anyone at anytime. Back to where two lane roads are really three and where you spend as much time in the right lane as left, no matter what direction traffic is going. Back to children yelling "muzungu!!!"

I am safely in Yei, Sudan!! After an ALS flight from Wilson airport to Loki, we flew AIM Air Cessna to Yei. Jim Streit was our pilot and he let me sit up front with him! It was so fun. He even plugged my ipod into our headsets and we were serenaded by Shawn McDonald and Josh Garrels all the way into Sudan. We landed on a strip of dirt and Billy met us at the um...airport...which consisted of one small building with a table in it. We very officially signed into Sudan.
We are staying at the SP base and it is so nice. They have really fast internet. That is what I love about Africa - you can be in the middle of no where and order cappuccinos and have wireless internet.
Yesterday we went to Iris - a children's village - to meet the kids and talk about how we were going to organize The Send Me Hope Project. Today we are giving out the first 40 cards or so!! The directors are so excited about it and I know the kids are too! I can't wait to tell you all how it goes today. Be praying for them!

We head to Wadupe on Saturday.

Blessings,
Allie

1 comment: