Friday, June 25, 2010

Sudan Sudan


Sudan is so great. I love the houses they live in. I am not sure I would love to live in them, but they give sudan a cool feel. There are grass roofs speckled everywhere over the hills. When you get closer to the "neighborhoods" as I call them, there are a number of tukals fenced in by a well kept bush.The dirt is packed so hard around the houses it looks like concrete and they have little perfect patches of grass with purple flowers growing all around. Everything is very clean cut. Not what I expected. Some of the houses are painted with white and black flowers.

Ah! And Sudan is so beautiful! I am used to perfectly paved roads and skillfully designed shopping centers. I like the openness of Africa, the green everywhere. The 'in th middle of nowhere' feel. There are beautiful places in the States that I love too - but they are just harder to find. In Africa you have to go a long way to get to somewhere, but in the US you have to go a long way to get to nowhere.

Giving out the cards yesterday was so much fun!! To Grandma Paulson - both of yours were given yesterday - and they were loved!! The kids would smile shyly at me when I told them the card was from my grandmother. They all spent the afternoon coloring in the front of the card. There is no doubt in my mind these kids know they are totally loved! I especially loved giving them to the older kids. They really appreciated your prayers and have promised to pray for American brothers and sisters as well. Now comes the task of organizing and editing 300 some pictures and writing about all these awesome children.

Yahweh is opening my heart to these people! The kids especially, as kids do, stole my heart. They are so funny. Spending the mornings with them is my favorite part of the day. They each have their own personality that makes us laugh! Zion hates to keep his pants on and will take them off whenever he can sneak it. Jembe will cry if we show attention to any other kid. Iko loves to be held and is the resident drama queen. Viki is totally independent - you have to win her over. Ima loves to laugh, but cries whenever he gets the least bit frustrated.

We head to Wadupe tomorrow morning! So this will be my last blog for a few days. Pray for us!!! It will be a whole new world to me - and I can't wait.



1 comment: