Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Home


I am back in the U.S safe and sound. The flights were long, and the layovers seemed even longer, but I am finally home. I can hardly believe that my summer is finished and my school year is about to begin. While it feels like I have been gone for ages, it also feels like I just left. It is so strange how time can play so many tricks in my mind.

I have left Sudan and left Africa, but my mind has not. I have been given the great blessing and struggle to figure out what this summer and all its stories mean to me. Sometimes things in life change you quickly and suddenly. And sometimes things unfold quietly and gain more meaning as time passes.
The conversations I had, the people who befriended me, and the stories I now have turn slowly in my mind each day. The everyday interactions I had that seemed so commonplace in Wadupe, now seem so much more inspiring here. I have so much to learn from things I have seen and heard this summer - and I am excited to continue to think through them and wrestle with them. I have learned many lessons this summer, and I have many more to figure out.

I was given the great privilege to spend my summer in someone else's country to learn how they live each day, and that is not an opportunity that many have. Thank you so much to everyone that sent me! I had an amazing summer, full of Him and full of people. My two favorite things.

Now my next big adventure is starting: Another semester. And I am encouraged to know that it will be full of Him and full of people. And a whole new set of lessons to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment